Re: Three Runes

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_1lwpAIdGnDOmNVQbEIuvGXsOJb0chALWapx3K-93AiVjBTbd2okL3PIW9tweUHo40V>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 09:44:59 +1100

2009/12/21 L C <lightcastle_at_E99FU6XEs18QLQA9JUHVPOw_-NmqDvB9XZYJZHRv5kgYw7G6UMcB-vVPgGtcPsNzKn9IVBzg2RHb7v0.yahoo.invalid>

> I think that would be culturally specific as well. Some cultures view
> the runes broadly, and only when you initiate to a given God would it be
> about that God calling you.
> After all, Death is owned by LOTS of people, depending on your culture.
> Same with many other runes. I mean, in Sartar mythology, what does one
> think of someone with the Harmony rune?
> I do think the "your god in specific" would be the more common case, but
> am not certain.

Harmony might mean Ernalda, but depending on the individuals other runes it might suggest Chalana Arroy too. I assume that lots of factors (including, to some degree "what do we already have in our clan?") come into play. I like to imagine that is social as well as magical selection, at least to some degree. Mostly since this allows people to get it wrong, and then discover new truths later. (is my Sedenyic Philosophy showing?)

I'll not comment on relativism in observers any more since it'll spawn some tedious essay on my part... ;)

--
John Machin