Re: Devotion to the Myth Cycle

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_gC1n_lf86wqQv9IUn8B7aqo8ls5ZRqgq_OvqoMacGLTf5NWLyrVpuZmHs2gSK_>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:24:24 -0800

It is my belief that the cult of the Seven Mothers is only aiming at getting the barbarians to become laymembers. It isn't too concerned with achieving a collection of initiates from these hinterlands. Just so long as we get them out of their "incorrect" ways, they will eventually learn to accept full worship of Sedenya.

For those that do initiate to the "Seven Mothers" cult, they are actually initiating to the Red Goddess, and possibly also into one of the seven sub-cults of this cult.

Just as Barntar is worshiped as an independent god in some locations, but usually as a subcult of Orlanth, the Seven Mothers are (in this case) merely sub-cults of the overall cult, which sacrifices to the Red Goddess.

--Todd