Re: Runes for non-theists [was: 'Three Runes']

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_pckmkwENzDCUpQfoRsFRB77xcCsYcV_5qPQUUl4N389e3yXqqVi3N9fWraWWcp>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 13:01:44 -0800

> > I should point out that as the rules stand, your personal runes do not
> > have an ability rating so they can't be used to augment spells,
> > grimoires or tradition knowledge.
> >

> See, this was something I asked about earlier. This shows up in the
> Sartar rules, I presume? (This doesn't appear to be in the HQ2 appendix.)
>
> What he is saying is that the HQ2's appendix does not have a rule for
applying a number to these runes. Thus, how do you augment or roll a resistance check if you don't know what the value is? Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes, on the other hand, has rules for how you would set these values if you were part of that culture.

Another example, my character has the trait of "male", but I have not assigned that as an ability and the character creation rules say nothing about giving this trait a number. I could always choose to make that an ability of my own (although I fail to see *any *specific uses for such a broadly worded trait) of course.

--Todd