Re: Devotion to the Myth Cycle

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_mwXc3eAYD_J0NB8r93tu0KjwmfmECrMtt-z8AK1cyQvLhaMpvaMvHeQKIYvCEX>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 14:05:20 -0800

There is no distinction in Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes; mostly because there is only a two-three paragraphy blurb on this cult. (In fact, they don't even list each of the Seven Mothers by name, if I recall.)

I would suggest that the cult of Seven Mothers does not have as much representation north of Holay as it does in the former Orlanthi lands.

As for ILH2, the Lunar religion is an effective glue to hold together the disparate cultures and religions of the empire. As long as everyone keeps ties as a "lay member" (or whatever) in the Lunar religion, he/she seems to be free to devote to Lodril or obscure Rinliddi bird gods. Or to remain animists as part of the Sable Tribe. I get the feeling that outside of Silver Shadows, the Lunar religion is a minority for main religious practice.

--Todd