Re: Three Runes

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_kqsLIjSyrpGzM5AF-S0bZtTTLRT53dIPQ2lTpjtoQ4S1arn8E2lg_lhS69Y9hf>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 14:23:15 -0800

Well, a playful poke at your statement, but Sartar:Kingdom of Heroes does not say these are the same spells and charms that the other magics systems center on. They only explain how these items work for Orlanthi.

Again, to reiterate, and to repeat myself: My definition of Common Magic are this minor magical tools that "everyone" gets that do not derive from my characters magical path. Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes successfully avoided using the word, since it was decided that the word was not useful. And HQ2 uses the word in a different way than my definition.

Unless you redefine the word from the HQ2 meaning, I also feel that the word is not useful in the Sartar setting, since the phrase Rune Affinity is a much better description of that magic. (And those other magics you have do not have a general name for the collection of abilities.)