Re: Three Runes

From: L C <lightcastle_at_ZUa3K6vsmzNeLJmAge0P3cgeNXt6xjPkC5YPD0lu9V5ZFjYEj7XSAIqKdyqU0iFf>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 17:24:55 -0500

And this was the definition sometimes used in HQ1. I also think it is a useful classification/distinction of magic. (Even if we want to use a new term for it.)
Stuff you can learn how to do without ever contacting an Otherworld seems like something worth knowing about/distinguishing. Now this WILL mix over with "stuff you learn as a layperson in the religion" because most people in a culture are laypersons of that culture's magic system. And some of THAT comes from the Otherworld. So sometimes "Common magic" meant "whatever didn't require specific initiation into a cult".

I suspect all that vagueness is why the term was dropped.

LC