Re: Three Runes

From: L C <lightcastle_at_sVT4mOxhpOdwTBd-LoXpAE9HBwyvs7q5gRF5FfE6GQk55cv-EVT8J8yUgb0jesrO>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 17:47:17 -0500

Todd Gardiner wrote:

> That works for me.

Works for me too.
It leaves unanswered the question of whether or not all theists have them (HQ2 implies yes but also makes it very clear that it is an appendix, broad-brush, and not supposed to be comprehensive. So just because it mentions Dara Happans having the Fire and Earth runes doesn't mean it stays that way.)

But yeah. From an in-world perspective, the Heort rites give you runic affinities. (I have a nagging suspicion that women don't go through them, of course, but we can just assume the same for the parallel rite and I won't lose sleep. As long as it is Storm-Tribe specific and linked to the Heort ones that got people through the Darkness, I am cool with it.) Now, do all the Orlanthi theists use them the same way? That can be another question, but it is far easier to play off of the assumption that "Yes, they are there" if I am going to make something.

So I can poke around with Saird at least. LC