Re: Three Runes

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_QGetki8-9scskFvc_H3rxQpPAjcodqWCVMEGxMqdFqQtXi6Cg5hYrvDW2k-ody>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 14:13:14 -0800

Well, to summarize Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes character creation:

First, create a clan with the other players Second, determine what kind of character you want to play. Give that character three Runes, for which you will have affinities. Give yourself 1 to 3 magical abilities that are either charms, spells or innate abilites
Use the Prose, List or As-you-go methods for there.

Step Four, to me, feels like a direct attempt to create universal Common Magic. Much more so than the HQ2 appendix definition of Common Magic.

Which is why I keep stating this all as MY OPINION, since My Glorantha Will Vary (and I wouldn't have it any other way). I have also been stating this as opinion because I think that the rules and the cultural example in S:KoH sort of clash, now that they introduced these extra "low magic" abilities.