Re: Runes for non-theists [was: 'Three Runes']

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_gIonSI5zCA0SUDOzD_jh-0tUJaAMbjTIHCgzfnAzpY2nS5ZgRbNHXPN5KP1tFSVzPI>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:05:55 +1100

2009/12/22 Trotsky TTrotsky_at_DbMHlCeXZTJzVLjVazipeaAKNboiLgXsH29NLgGa-U5sG4viyXvnZ1XXczTwRWte_yONWE8mwqUAU1R_W5TWiZY.yahoo.invalid

> I would imagine that for most monotheists, or at least for a lot of them,
>> their "commonest" magic is being regularly blessed by their priest in
>> worship ceremonies.
>

> In the sense of being that which they experience most often, yes. I
> don't think it's "common magic" in the sense meant by HQ1, though.

Well, I didn't mean it in the sense of the mechanics of HQ1, I meant it in the sense of "this is the magic that most people benefit from". If they have it, and can use it to solve problems mechanically within HQ2 then it should probably be an ability of some sort. If its an ability of some sort it should probably be on their sheet, not some imagined liturgists sheet because that introduces book-keeping which I don't consider to be adding much to the process of the game.

I do agree that the regular blessings received in veneration ceremonies in Monotheist churches do not resemble HQ1 common magic at all though.

--
John Machin