Re: Three Runes

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_KeMyf8pErIoZyWlzWovvPrcQGDilCDWSsaaSldv68_rcWxMXe7f-vbs1PbEY>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:05:09 +0000 (GMT)

> Douglas Seay <douglas-seay_at_FmkKTIGZVnBPu0a_lp5HL3ed0oHBnh9QLY78sSKrTOfWo0qlPVvGkJj789xyeEOHyzwXsTr-KYvQ28blyU4lVKA.yahoo.invalid>

> Also, I think what you are implying is that your runes reflect the
> person that you are. When you change from Death to Life, you want your
> runes to change with you. While that is OK in your Glorantha (YGWV is
> still the mantra), I think the rules put things down exactly opposite of
> that. Your personality reflects your runes. The runes dictate your
> personality, so someone tied to the Death rune is very unlikely to
> change to the Life rune. That just in not what they are the most
> fundamental level.

You can change, people can overcome lifelong phobias etc. You could suppress your death rune and enhance your life rune. Though not mentioned in the books that I can see I'm sure you can still use HP to reduce skills as well as increase them. But, given a powerful in-game situation, like a heroquest, I would be tempted to let them flip from death to life keeping the rating the same.

Gavain