Re: Runes for non-theists [was: 'Three Runes']

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_krE4pB_DT9yMBxK5dP9IdZxjlXbaegaoNDmw8oV1LfHo7ftG_7LNj5OLPURbqQDQ2s>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:53:57 +1100

2009/12/23 Jeff <richaje_at_L8vz3ANB7jnHz-yYB4D9KjKdtdAog3JgWISJPWaE_xrZ8NaGawmNOfwktBk5ZKytQJJvrkttqJ4y.yahoo.invalid>

> The Sartar book, as Peter and others have explained, is about Sartar and
> the Orlanthi. Page 5 of the Sartar book makes it clear that it is not
> intended to be used as a roadmap for a Universal Theory of Gloranthan magic
> - it is designed for you to be able to have fun games set in the Kingdom of
> Sartar that have the feel of Greg's stories.

Hi Jeff,

I am sure it'll help my Sartari PCs when I get a hold of it, but I am not really talking about theists in general or Sartari in particular in my comments in this thread: I think we probably know all about them now if we have read S:KoH!

What I am curious about is how things go with the Lunars, the wizards and, to a lesser extent for me personally, the spirit-talkers. I like the Runes and I want them to be incorporated into the magic of these other people, but I am not sure how that would work.

Regards,

--
John Machin