Re: Runes for non-theists [was: 'Three Runes']

From: L C <lightcastle_at_cEumIKFdyk6SfW2AH_5cAvl2TRSpYF2bhyRpAD4nmd3SE__aZoG7T9IZRcoMSTyU>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:22:12 -0500

Which is why I am holding off about arguing anymore about the universal theory of Gloranthan magic until I've seen how one system was actually developed in full.
I've complained often that it SHOULD be done culture by culture, so I should put my money where my mouth is on that.

At the same time, I think the very choice to have put the three worlds as entirely different mechanical systems in the HQ2 appendix was a mistake because it was almost inevitable it would lead down this road. We have no other tools to work with, and can only infer insight into the design philosophy that will be guiding the magic systems from that.

LC