Re: Runic Discussions

From: Jeff <richaje_at_Ncd8qBbbFkZ0Cetsery2_Dn8lOh8IopIBdL5DOyjLMGJEq5Xo-iwl2W0Bj6l4RMUd-Z_>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 19:20:14 -0000

> Looking through the various threads post-Sartar, it strikes me that we are going to take what is essentially a very simple and flexible system and then hidebound it with a straitjacket of extra rules.

Who do you mean "we"? I think in playtasting we've proven that the magic rules in Sartar are very simple and flexible - I doubt many who has actually played it will disagree. When spirit magic and wizardry are presented, they will be equally intuitive and flexible.

A lot of what we have going on are enthusiastic discussions amongst people who are speculating on what the rules for spirit magic or wizardry ought to be. Which is great and wonderful, but ought not to be considered a straighjacket that is going to be adopted in future books.

Jeff