Runic Discussions

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_kjrjiQkXy_01KNv7CzHRDyntatmeIDPa3eyziRqnqzDss365lC4Q3Q8oVHSzryj_mU0>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:50:22 -0000

Hiya All

Looking through the various threads post-Sartar, it strikes me that we are going to take what is essentially a very simple and flexible system and then hidebound it with a straitjacket of extra rules.

HeroQuest 2 seems to me a very elegant, simple and flexible system that is expressed in a very slim rulebook.

I know that Gloranthan magic can be, well, complicated, but can't we be a lot more flexible in how magic works? Why three runes? Why an elemental rune and only one elemental rune? Why have extra rules for theists, animists and so on? Why not simply keep it simple and playable?

Personally, if I ran a HQ2 Gloranthan campaign then I'd strip out most of the magic rules and keep it very simple.

See Ya

Simon

PS Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.