Re: Runic Discussions

From: matthew.cole_at_I7wRNt3cEa6-BovuWhstZR3sa5FEzH3Mg9Gklg-JKXbDzaR_mZiyTRphLDYqL33
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 00:44:09 -0000 (GMT)

Hi Simon

I don't know if I'm right about this but it strikes me that some effort has been invested in returning the runes of Glorantha back to their proper place - in our games.

I expect that this is the reason we need extra rules for Gloranthan magic at all.

One of the advantages of runes in the magic system is that, in context, players and narrators can use the concepts associated with the runes (as stated in SKoH) and their connection with the powers in the stories to come up with the magical abilities of those powers.

In short: once you know the rune(s) of deity/spirit/essence/NPC you know at least the foundation of their magic.

Also, given the proper write-up for the culture(s) in your stories, you can have a good beginning point for the personalties affected by connection to the runes.

Do we need rules for Glorantan magic to play our own stories? No. Is it a really nice addition to our arsenal/talon to our trident? Yes, yes and three times, Yes!

As Jeff says: try it, we think you will like it.

Happy New Year

Matthew