Re: Teshnos - geography or other details available?

From: arun <keithnellist_at_T6dzrgWYzQz8wzwgGUHBjbX0fhr8kP253r-PnjqMH_S_3oNaImbu6owkKtzXUnB>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 23:03:13 -0000

I think the best info on Teshnos is in Glorantha, Introduction to the Hero Wars. The chapter is on Verenela but has some interesting points. For example, virtually no part of Teshnos is further than a half mile from jungle (p203). This kind of rules out large cities.

I see it as densely populated with lots of villages and temples but not so many large cities. Large palaces, but not in the middle of urban areas.

I did do a hex map of Teshnos for a boardgame ("The Plunder of Teshnos") using the nomad gods rules and counters, but it didn't really address any of the details that I imagine that you're after. There are lots of cool elements though - the dark brown Octamonist dwarfs, the various beast people in the Mountains, and turtle people in the sea, the Yellow elves in Fethlon, Amazon pirates, Elephants, Praxian raiders, pretty women, powerful magicians. It has a lot of swords and sorcery elements just waiting to be exploited. Where better to have a Gloranthan "Tower of the Elephant"?

I think Melib is a more interesting place Glorantha-wise - with it's mysterious Ashurtans and Gachi, the Zaranistangi and associations with the Blue Moon, but Teshnos has a smorgasbord of excellent things.

Keith