Re: Teshnos - geography or other details available?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_ynLCAxnrzF0ra9bRGTTMhKrGYGQ6JZQqaz8ZAOlDKfUfStUYESDpLXeaZykDszMCvWj>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 13:26:25 +1300

arun wrote:
> I think the best info on Teshnos is in Glorantha, Introduction to the
> Hero Wars. The chapter is on Verenela but has some interesting
> points. For example, virtually no part of Teshnos is further than a
> half mile from jungle (p203). This kind of rules out large cities.

When I was doing a writeup on Teshnos for a long ago project, I took the opposite view. Teshnos was one huge urban sprawl with swathes of jungles and hsunchen reservations where the locals go to see the plants and animals. The density of humans per building is quite low as most of the buildings are empty and overrun with weeds and jungle looking like Mayan pyramids or Angkor Wat.

--Peter Metcalfe