Re: City Orlanthi

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_5GzUwCj6SugQFxhTHq28UkPvUqYnOXcDPr7loWc7ePYqRXcpzzRnZ3tDfk6FM937-7S>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 07:32:22 +1300

At 11:53 p.m. 4/01/2009, you wrote:
> > >Additionally, there are more Orlanthi cities on the west side of
> > >Mirrorsea Bay that were hardly occupied by the Lunars at all.
> >
> > Heortlanders are not traditional Orlanthi.
>
>Most Heortlanders are traditional Orlanthi.

Not the people that live in the cities and especially not the urban administration.

>As Greg and I wrote in
>History of the Heortling People pg 95: "As a result of the Volsaxar
>rebellion, Andrin never fully transformed the Hendriki.

There's a big difference between "never fully transformed" and "never transformed". One is that the Heortlanders remain traditional Orlanthi while the other is that they are heterodox.

>Most Heortlander Orlanthi are culturally and religiously
>indistinguishable from their Sartarite brethren, worshiping the same
>pantheon in the same manner, and even speaking the same dialect.

Religiously the Heortlander Orlanthi are the same but not culturally (the Andrin reforms) amd I daresay there is dialectical difference between the two - on planet earth, communities with less grounds for distinction still have dialectical differences.

--Peter Metcalfe