Re: City Orlanthi

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_0t33MRnCZ1oRhym3lOiauQAgsSiRVZmQImcWp61S4SdSc7oWzH1D90YWFnD-8ca7i0Cj>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 10:53:18 -0000

> >Additionally, there are more Orlanthi cities on the west side of
> >Mirrorsea Bay that were hardly occupied by the Lunars at all.
>
> Heortlanders are not traditional Orlanthi.

Most Heortlanders are traditional Orlanthi. As Greg and I wrote in History of the Heortling People pg 95: "As a result of the Volsaxar rebellion, Andrin never fully transformed the Hendriki. Although he replaced the kings of the Jondalarings and the Hurlantings with the earls of Karhend and Gardufar, and appoint sheriffs to help them rule, these Malkioni reforms were reconciled to Orlanthi customs and traditions, instead of the other way around. Only the Esvulari (who were never Hendriki) fully embraced the reforms and their core Malkioni way."

Most Heortlander Orlanthi are culturally and religiously indistinguishable from their Sartarite brethren, worshiping the same pantheon in the same manner, and even speaking the same dialect.

Jeff