Re:Outlawry = death

From: Rob Thornton <oblate777_at_JHt7fGvhH1zm5Et1sHC0hvZyVjcUHmYiNLIqrAPZdMOM0NID3nuEwZ_0-JmS6u86KR>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 11:25:29 -0500

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Peter Larsen <p3larsen_at_c_VOexiDyG435QNTNqGl7u014AmAPepN7bE7dnla5Wg4rrn9Q_Lgv5X9qdXWkzq-HRvj8dI6D4Wn.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Stephen Tempest
> <e-g_at_1ee-mMArJWrPipUX106AK6MpSewMo-BHJp44uo2OA96h7ACCIgh8r00z_JzUtoOwdvwFrbWMq7_jgr3c2m-sVzw.yahoo.invalid>wrote:
>

> It's one reason why I think that a clan would not be too keen on killing
> someone that they have punished with full outlawry. If you have made a
> mistake in the ceremony and the person is, by some chance, still kin, you
> are really screwed -- better to leave the final option to someone "immune"
> to kinstrife, just in case.

Which does bring up the situation where someone has been unjustly outlawed (in the Full Outlaw sense). Is he or she permanently outlawed because the clan decrees it? Does the severing of magical bonds only happen if Orlanth (etc.) and the ancestors know the truth?

Interesting gray area I think.

rob t.