Re: Rigsdal Player Heroes

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_5IAIi-8PdKgj1fDSnfTdl5a229-Aaomcb44LLBfYKD3T-nQ-j6dPIYX889bfFLwoq_y1>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 10:57:10 -0000

> P.s. I'm not looking for YGMV answers but a picture of what a
Rigsdal player
> hero might be like. All opinions will be valued.

Rigsdal is the Orlanthi Pole Star. He's a minor god with very few Orlanthi initiates and not likely to be detailed in the Sartar Book for Second Edition, but he's easily enough added. The cult is tiny (probably less than 100 members in all of Sartar) and likely centered on Lookout Hill in Sartar. A Rigsdal initiate will have a strange (for the Orlanthi) connection with the Sky Dome and stellar phenomena (other than the Ring of Orlanth, which all Orlanthi revere).

Rigsdal has a strong but curious connection to Orlanth. For example, Orlanth's Ring ascends the Sky Dome to Rigsdal's Fortress before departing to the Underworld and Rigsdal is invoked in certain Orlanthi rituals associated with Orlanth's Ring.

As for the personality of those folk dedicated to the Pole Star, I suspect they tend to be loyal, honest, and pure - like his Runes.

Jeff