Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_nUDSoQ8kfnmTjUs_fOy6mPX-KDqB5LuCYUKCQkbPbAJRXnzt8jel_OUkQ8cwUeJ02cVl>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 09:53:45 -0000

> I wonder if the Death Rune gives a magician potential to raise undead?

Not normally! Humakt has pretty much the broadest use of the Death Rune and he can't.

> I know there's the hunger/undeath rune outside the core runes, but
> I've always been a bit unhappy with that.
> Basically, are undead a manifestation of chaos? Is the path for
> creating undead through Death and Chaos runes? Am I missing something
> (probably)?

In most cases, I'd associate the Unlife (as opposed to the merely animated dead) with Chaos. The Orlanthi certainly do.

Zorak Zoran's animation of the Dead comes from his hatred of everything - possibly that is the Disorder Rune in action. Possibily it is not a divine feat but wizardry.

Jeff

Jeff