Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_-ZhjLaV8fozlr3cIwPf1k2aipWGty5Gs3LD6dQv82L0bUEijPkjgvk20jKkjS2ATveG>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 10:04:13 -0000

Jeff Richard:

> In most cases, I'd associate the Unlife (as opposed to the merely
> animated dead) with Chaos. The Orlanthi certainly do.

The Orlanthi thinking something doesn't necessarily prove its a universal rule... although in this case, I'm pretty sure they're right. I can't think of a clear exception, at any rate.

> Zorak Zoran's animation of the Dead comes from his hatred of
> everything - possibly that is the Disorder Rune in action. Possibily
> it is not a divine feat but wizardry.

This I find difficult to believe, though. While there are trolls that use wizardry, I have had a hard time associating it with Zorak Zoran. Furthermore, it almost seems to be Orlanthi thinking to say "it's bad magic, so it must be wizardry". If anything, I would have thought it was animism, stuffing animating spirits into the bodies of the dead. Certainly there *are* wizards who raise the dead (Ulfrathgar in LotW1 being an example), but I don't see ZZ as one of them.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/