Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_6JTux6Po8MeSssG9N89drN7nEVYQDUmbFjsR-8RBrcm1AUi4uz6qG_yhHtlW6IHQV>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 07:11:48 -0800

YGWV On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 2:04 AM, ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_kstBOuMaFYy39ZhnwpyRsC2tU-w9hEQcjibzGLz_KWhYr8G4axKEnCRCnrdUUI4uZDtsRNRxfn1yaJdxndbnE44BiRM.yahoo.invalid>wrote:

> Jeff Richard:
> >
> > In most cases, I'd associate the Unlife (as opposed to the merely
> > animated dead) with Chaos. The Orlanthi certainly do.
>
> The Orlanthi thinking something doesn't necessarily prove its a
> universal rule... although in this case, I'm pretty sure they're
> right. I can't think of a clear exception, at any rate.

Most zombies don't bear the Chaos rune, or tap into Chaos power. But some do, and it is definitely not a force for Order or Cosmos, yet seems to have slipped into the Compromise somehow (I guess not one took a strict census of who was pulling on all the threads of the Web.

> > Zorak Zoran's animation of the Dead comes from his hatred of
> > everything - possibly that is the Disorder Rune in action. Possibily
> > it is not a divine feat but wizardry.
>
> This I find difficult to believe, though.

I don't, though I do not fully say it is so either.

> While there are trolls that
> use wizardry, I have had a hard time associating it with Zorak Zoran.

Having said that, though, I don't think that most ZZ use wizardry as their cult way of making undead.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer