Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_abEgIksuqLLvf7QGZ_920K2byUk8igMTkHnVpznFwULNAulCXvd2SOvBbAP7UQlz_>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 07:16:04 -0800

YGwv

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 2:29 AM, Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_3yneo4-KUnTl63bJBFPzCX-4WCtrmTxBeTPuAK6bqXSTOEc0k6N5vW22T5QxOXB2ZpI2HzGODUxGNaxD0FyDOmkwtm8.yahoo.invalid
> wrote:

> Trolls didn't use sorcery until Arkat's time whereas they were
> raising zombies before then.

Agreed. But not 100% correct, in that sorcery was known to trolls beforehand, but not the "book sorcery" that is commonly recognized as such. And to repeat, probably not used by ZZ to make zombines.

Trots:

> >While there are trolls that
> >use wizardry, I have had a hard time associating it with Zorak Zoran.
>
> Actually the connection is Arkat but since his worship is almost
> unknown in orthodox troll areas (such as Dagori Inkarth) that's why it
> seems so hard. But in Ralios where they worship Arkat the Troll,
> there are sorcerous trolls there.

The role of Arkat as introducer of sorcery is one significant aspect of the power in the world. In a sene, it is more like "Arkat taught them OUR sorcery" which is most offensive to humans.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer