Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_rayT5hfJmaEMGv2Atoy3CvQCcQNbdLWWABFu4vYz03aMOE4Au8PCMoFCOgkEpXL7z>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 06:57:48 -0800

YGWV On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 3:43 PM, valkoharja <rintasaa_at_H993zB6Xjqtvo0mP08b5lkK4Xd5wf_5XpI3AxjCLrEKxL4CBXlg82ucvP7Njwxg7UNsv_5kgPhu1UKxngOM.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> I wonder if the Death Rune gives a magician potential to raise undead?

No, and partially.
Death is the antithesis of Life. Perhaps that goes without saying. So, NO.

> I know there's the hunger/undeath rune outside the core runes, but
> I've always been a bit unhappy with that.

Everyone is unhappy with undead! :-D

> Basically, are undead a manifestation of chaos?

No, but almost. IF you had to assign them a Power, it would be something between Disorder and Chaos. You know, something like Undead, or Hunger.

> Is the path for
> creating undead through Death and Chaos runes?

That works for some.

Am I missing something (probably)?

As fa as I can tell, only that death does not equal undeath.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer