Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_XYYLTgDOoyzCr-z4NAAftnDgrNcsa_AyWLLcRivo4lOIzwZAjHz7WU-Ny6FxIUy6b-eE>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:34:44 -0000

> A genealogical table derived from the Blue Book of Zzabur in Uz Lore
> gives his parents as the Father of Demons and the Mother of Space.

Keep in mind that many of these geneaologies are metaphorical, not literal. What does it mean that Issaries is the child of Harana Ilor and Larnste - that's a metaphorical and poet way of saying that Issaries combines Harmony and Change. I know of another story where Issaries was created by the entire Cosmic Court so they could communicate with each other.

This is even more applicable when were are talking about Underworld entities, most of which are mysterious and amorphous in origin. Zorak Zoran is a demon from the endless Underworld - or to be metaphorical he is the son of the Father of Demons and the Mother of Space. But I'm sure every tale gives Zorak Zoran a different set of parents (unless the story teller just copies something from another story).

Think metaphorically about the gods and spirits, not literally - literally is for the Essence Plane (ie the Blue Book of Zzabur). And wizards are notoriously wrong-headed when it comes to the gods and spirits, often missing the point completely.

Jeff