Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_FQ4c_0b9J2v714kjLUk1N4RGX62RBQkVKH23IYb19OBzCw-uB0vwSaO2bSeiI-EBkEB9>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 23:05:06 -0000

> > Are you suggesting ZZ is the "originator" of Beserking, or that Urox
> > and ZZ both obtained this power from a common source (along with any
> > other beserking gods)
>

> It is more likely that it originates with the oldest deity.
> However, it could just be that both have amazingly similar powers of
going
> bonkers kill-crazy nutso gainst any and all (friends and foes
alike), but
> that it is a different core power.

Basically Urox's killing frenzy comes from his Eternal Battle with Chaos (which may well be a unique extension of the Air Rune), and Zorak Zoran's killing frenzy comes from his Disorder Rune, which just makes him hate everyone. Same apparently power, but actually quite different source.

> > A number of people have suggested that maybe ZZ had these powers (or
> > some of them) before the Hill Of Gold. So maybe we don't "Know" it
> > for sure...
> Maybe you don't, but I do.

I'm pretty convinced that ZZ enslaved some Fire powers as a result of the Hill of Gold. They are his slaves and captives, not really core affinities (ZZ has never been formally associated with the Fire Rune as far as I can remember).

Jeff