Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_Xe-sLLcISsuzBAkCRDNpFOLDwyq1s6xWGu_DD1GK5-0uF5oyuOOjKz7jP-b9TnI-xugu33Fk>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 10:53:44 -0000

I'm quite happy (in fact I think I'd prefer) for the power of Beserking to have different sources for different cults/cultures, but for some people to believe / look for a common link where two such dieties encounter one another. The God Learners, obviously would look for a common "ancestor" for the beserk power, and seek to tie back all beserkers to this cult one way or another, but even without them, where two such cults interact in a way that is not irrevocably hostile then some sort of shared mythology can arise (so for instance Storm Bull and Zorak Zoran are allies against Chaos, and both could conceivably be worshipped by cultures like the Torkani (mixing Storm Pantheon & Darkness) or the Morokanth (mixing Praxian and Darkness) - therefore a myth could arise that one of these dieties taught/gave the power to the other). Where the only interaction is hostile this is less likely (I don't imagine there are many shared myths or worshippers between Shargash and Zorak Zoran for instance)