Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_NFdzN917kKOSXmPtfa4OMY6kG8mjH64mFEeVAyEQsNg00LBn8UMyfta1f1eq3RXI>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 10:46:30 +0000

On 2 Feb 2009, at 07:50, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> At 07:39 p.m. 2/02/2009, you wrote:
>
>>> I think that Urox was berserk long before the eternal battle and
>>> that
>>> he has an association with disorder through the naturally turbulent
>>> air rune.
>
>> That's not the game rules position that is taken in HQ2 or the Sartar
>> Book. YGWV, but that's not going to be the published canon.
>
> Wyrms Footprint is published canon and if HQ2 or the Sartar Book
> is going into so much detail as to rule out Storm Bull using Berserker
> powers before the Eternal Battle then IMHO that is something which
> the editor should consider excising.

Cults of Prax says very simply:

"When Umath provided the world with his children the Storm Bull contained mostly that which was bestial in nature: violence and raw unthinking strength, guided by instinct and the sensitivities of a god."

(Quoted from www.glorantha.com)

and from the initiation of Orlanth:

They took Stormbull, and threw him in amongst the Animal Coral. They were sure he would be devoured by the hungry creatures. .....
Stormbull confronted the carnivores of the wild, and did not run from them, but stamped them beneath his big bloody hooves. Then he broke down the coral and released all the creatures.

(Harnmast Saga 1992 - not generally available I know)

In my mind this shows that Storm Bull was a bit of a berserk at birth and that later the eternal battle provided an outlet for this. However the bully boys will care little for this discussion and will just get on with what they do best. Storm Bull has the Storm & Eternal battle runes. I would suggest that the berserk comes from the storm.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433