Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_o4MObRcro9a8LDPJuYAyLZnROb_LmTYi4OlieFGEpPqbJlRGUkUYdtTtpatsjRFUO_cZ>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 17:32:45 -0000

> I sure hope none of you are leading up to a "God Switch", swapping
ZZ for
> Shargash or Stormbull (or worse, Yelm!) That way leads to disaster! ;-)
> I always get a bit uneasy when people start saying that
such-and-such a god
> is really a mask for another god, this is how he is worshiped in
this other
> culture. I agree that the two points of view can coexist in
Glorantha, but
> those points of view also suggest by their coexistence that the two
truly
> are different and unrelated.

I think Greg and I are in full agreement with you. We certainly don't think ZZ is Stormbull or Shargash or Yelm. Although in the Kingdom of Ignorance there is the cult of Yorak Yorani, which is imposed on certain peasants by the monk-priests of the mad mandarins. They don't get much magic from the cult but it does fulfill certain insane plans of the Exarch of Ignorance.

Jeff