Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_HDAt6ErvqfLAyz5BvyILfk8UX6pdkKCnfPO_YSUIsq0zxjXISOrm-16gmLpglx>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 09:21:32 -0800

I sure hope none of you are leading up to a "God Switch", swapping ZZ for Shargash or Stormbull (or worse, Yelm!) That way leads to disaster! ;-) I always get a bit uneasy when people start saying that such-and-such a god is really a mask for another god, this is how he is worshiped in this other culture. I agree that the two points of view can coexist in Glorantha, but those points of view also suggest by their coexistence that the two truly are different and unrelated.

To me, there is less paradox in saying that Shargash is Shargash and Zorak Zoran is Zorak Zoran than there is in accepting each of the four separate creations myths for the origin of the Gloranthan universe. Perhaps because the first assertion is limited to the separation of powers in the Godsplane.

--Todd