Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_FYeJEt6FWayuis41RnbsTAcB8bfJWw3iyqInpQXNkJvAMmteCgE0KOv_qYL96lAxm>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 12:29:11 -0800

YGWV On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_d708keNhy-fyQqiuAlkedFm18i10KdPolmnxx6aYJEeYXBl0azFqTk5HUSo0aWgA5cZcXrtTPpKseugY0U85Jqav9jZfPw.yahoo.invalid>wrote:

> Greg:
>
> > > when Yelm was killed he became illuminated,
>
> >Sorry: nonense. Gods don't "become" illuminated. They either are or are
> not,
> >by virtue of their creation.
>
> I think the source of this is the Glorious ReAscent:
>
> GRAoY p37 Ivory Pages edition.
>
> Likewise the Order of Day teaches:
>
> The Fortunate Succession page 80.
>
> However these are in-gloranthan statements that are made by people
> (Plentonius,
> a bunch of riddlers) whose grasp on the truth is far less than ideal. If
> Yelm
> has always been illuminated then they are simply wrong.

I agree with Peter here, that these are the sources, and that they from human sources and that those are human sources and are from a human perspective, and that those perspectives use the wrong terminology. If the gods went through the illumination process, maybe they were be mre correct, but gods do not go through that process.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer