Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_K5oAHLPT0befs5GVk9U8ixsQufTnPB4IBqcq5FysXo8b1SlwAY1k7TSB5nJL3omdZ>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 16:11:09 -0800

YGWV On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 2:04 PM, David <daveolloyd_at_C2nYQFQz703dLj3tni7jf5JdEzIv20EZWU4-8fBcoKxODks9_oLv9sHzmMIOiNBJ0_XYD4a6Th3kt08.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Two questions (although I must admit the entire disussion is too
> esoteric for the campaigns I have run):
>
> (1) Didn't the Red Goddess go a heroquest and meet the ghost of
> Nysalor and then become illuminated? (Which then allowed Her to reach
> the Crimson Bat, IIRC).

The Red Goddess was upon a quest of reconstruction. She was recovering her lost parts, one of which was (or might have been) Nysalor. Many say she is Nysalor, reconstructed fromt he dismembered parts that Arkat left behind.

(2) Could a god become illuminated in God Time (i.e., before they
> assumed fixed roles in the "modern" Glorantha)? For example, in the
> mythology, Orlanth certainly changes and matures over time (umm, over
> the course of events that took place in God Time), so could a young
> god have started out un-illuminated and then have become illuminated
> through events in God Time?

In theory, I suppose so.
Though, in mythic truth, it is not development as much as discovering their inner powers.
Perhaps a subtle difference, maybe too subtle.

But in general. the entities that have a Cosmic connection with the Greatest Unknown are that way because, well, they are that way.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer