Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_YrjzNGYnkET7OFqOCI6yE_xcgsMPmmSWJhI_Sxciufhp8se9bi-ZlpTect_CBY2yBjM>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 08:07:31 -0000

Jeff Richard
> > So, in the new rules Malkioni don't get the Law rune in the manner
that
> > the Orlanthi get the Storm Rune?
>
> The Law Rune deals with the cosmic law and structure of Glorantha. It
> is usually associated with wizardry (which means most Malkioni are
> using it), but some theist cults like Lhankor Mhy are associated with
> it as well (although LM has some access to wizardry).
>
> But keep in mind, few Malkioni use divine rune magic that much and
> most won't have multiple rune affinities developed (just like very few
> Orlanthi have grimoires) and as a result they don't generally have a
> default rune affinity like the Orlanthi have with Air and Earth.

There is some stuff about this on my blog, but, basically, I agree with Jeff on this one. Now, most *player character* Malkioni are a different mater, and they typically do have a connection with a single rune (through a grimoire, of course, not an affinity) - and that rune is often Law. Not always, though; for Xemelans it's Harmony, for example. The true wizards, of course, have multiple runic grimoires, just like the Orlanthi have multiple affinities.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/