Re: Berserking

From: donald_at_by1UHZynXWZzU9o608BCcZZzyPcV8b9YKTF2pjX7FD4Is_Jxjruw4Djo1AzN1au8Y_68f
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 20:55:51 GMT

In message <380522.69332.qm_at_I_9V4iDjJPgMz67kQbmlRf3H4z6WTOayX2fHGihNTwNc2MtFDIxmrh5yA-atIbij0myOGVCTW1g1cJ5YoklfMMuRksD9UwzVRzUc48ef5Yaxmns.yahoo.invalid> Richard Hayes writes:

>Though is there any good reason why there should be only one way to
>do this? For example, the courtship quest might be popular in Prax,
>but less so in Sartar or Heortland (Eiritha? Who is she?)

Ernalda's sister. The nomads of Prax aren't that far from Sartar and trading, raiding and occassionally warfare occurs between the two. Particularly on the border most women will know of both.

>Incidentally whilst my own private Glorantha would say that Storm
>Bull's power to go berserk comes from a different source from Zorak
>Zoran's, the author(s) of Cults of Prax might once have taken a
>different view -- as they listed Berserker as a runesepell the Storm
>Bul acquired through the associated cult of Zorak Zoran

I don't believe it's been contradicted since so as canon stands that's the origin.

Doesn't mean there aren't alternative sources. Indeed as Storm Bull/Urox has both spirit and divine magic it is possible he has the feat of berserk from his father Umath and spirits of berserk from ZZ.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/