Re: Orlanth the Law

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_Kq0b88Bc7qDJNe6sFbzcX7KNDNoSFYAMApPnu9Nu18ctrEJWKqr75TdoZF6m-GQz-6F>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 18:53:11 +1300

At 05:30 p.m. 8/02/2009, you wrote:

>Me>[...] Alakoring mysteriously has no conflicts with the
> >much closer God Learners.

>[...] And the God Learners
>aren't at all close (indeed, I'm not aware of any historical
>connections), though one of the original PCs gave me a plot hook I
>didn't play up.

What I meant about the closeness of the God Learners is that Alakoring starts from Lankst which is far closer to the God Learners than the EWF. That he fights his way into Karia and then to Aggar with the aim of freeing his god and people looks rather strange when the God Learners in Safelster were just as bad (as Sigolf Cloudcrusher can attest).

That you are not aware of any historical connection between Alakoring and the God Learners is precisely my point - such a great hero would surely have been a major headache for the God Learners but for some reason, he's not.

--Peter Metcalfe