Re: Orlanth the Law

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_QKSbV-WAnDoo4BSoWn33D5arXfSClJEYLDox-igAB1mao2laehN2Z0l9BFzbReS8cljn>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 18:58:23 -0000

> As you point out, geography certainly suggests the God Learners as a
> more likely enemy. So it must have been something like the feud Jeff
> mentions, or the revulsion my players seem to feel about draconized
> Orlanth myths. (I'm sure they'd hate God Learner meddling too, so
> perhaps Robin's idea of treating Lankst as a "theist preserve"
> explains why the Lankst Orlanthi don't view the God Learners as
> enemies.)

Finally, keep in mind that the Lanksting Orlanthi would have much more exposure to EWF draconic Orlanthism than to God Learner Malkionism as they shared plenty of holy places (most important being Top of the World). Plenty of Orlanthi holy men travel and make pilgrimages from place to place - they do worship a god of Movement after all!

> So their meddling took the form of playing up the Orlanth vs Dragon
> myths... Heck, maybe they're providing arms (M-47 perhaps?).

Or just maybe they had more than enough on their hands with Safelster, Arkat-loving trolls, and internal conflict and politics.

Jeff