Re: Lodrili Settlers and Sacred Time ceremonies

From: xavierllobet <xavierllobet_at_d-Nr6553QPHbcwLTPcR2wMP2z8RUPgAO4xL7D0YXudtjThrtRThUR6Y5NYWI6wU>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 22:45:21 -0000

> Some indication of Lodril's role in remaking the world can be
infered from the
> similar mythology of Turos in the Entekosiad. A cold firestick
which had been
> ceasely kept going throughout the winter suddenly produces a spark which
> reignites the sacred flames. Volcanos rumble as Lodril enters Hell
and frees
> his friends, who then re-enact the dance of renewal. A council is
then held
> in which Lodril is chosen as the leader. Thereupon the gods follow
Lodril into
> beating up the Enemy God is which a chosen hero is killed but comes back
> to life.

Thanks a lot, Peter, this sounds very useful! Connecting this to Allison's ideas, that Enemy God could well be Krarsht, right? I guess during the first week of Sacred Time, the story about how Lodril set upon rescuing the three sacred fires is told. During the second week, the battle against Krarsht is reenacted (also Lodril defending his people and teaching them how to survive) until finally Yelm rises again.