Re: Death Rune and creating undead

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_XMDcT5PHeO-VH1mhDRFyMsRaurIIeU7MLcJyZH0sNNYrmteGSWiynpNtKpvUKzDp>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 02:24:10 -0000

regarding Zorak Zoran -

> But he has to be pissed off about SOMETHINg BIG(tm), who gives him
> the right to be the one god that wears the "I hate glorantha" t-shirt
> among all the others who have a grievance? He is so pissed that he
> hates everything, there is no exception, even trolls are not immune
> from attack by his worshippers. Of all the gods he has the biggest
> beef. I ask what is he so mad about? I think I know the answer, but
> first you have to understand who he REALLY is.... Arkat figured it
> out. Greg just wont say..... :)

Zorak Zoran and Xiola Umbar are brother and sister, which means they have a common origin. Perhaps a harmonious entity torn apart to create polar opposites - fear and loathing in ZZ and peace and sympathy in XI. ZZ is the violent response to being a lone, isolated entity while Xiola Umbar is the desire for comfort and reconciliation. Perhaps they represent the two opposite ways to react to separation into an individual entity.

Simon Hibbs