"Lord of the fourth hell"?

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_4grg1Pns9pVfG5J0EHgp98I-5yckcN3gS4jXT7AF4sWfimmRo2nFKkWqMMHvinjfZi>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 18:38:11 -0000

Amongst his other titles/roles, I seem to recall that Lodril is something like "Lord of the fourth Hell." This underworld nature has been mentioned in this thread before.

I'm wondering what, if any, effect this has on the main part of the cult?

That is, is the underworld aspect mostly a separate aspect, that most people don't do more than give occasional prayer towards? Or does it change the nature of the cult, compared to that of most gods? After all, all the gods ended up in the underworld eventually, but that part of their nature does not seem to have particular impact on most of them.

On the other hand, Lodril went there sooner, and stayed more voluntarily I understand properly, and even learned to exert his power and will there, to a degree that most did not from what I've read. I suppose that the `monster man' side of the cult is one reflection of this (I'm not sure from where, but I have the impression that in the `fourth hell' he rules over monsters).

But also the hells are generally areas of mixed magic, if I understand properly. Most people in Glorantha use some degree of mixed magic anyway, but I wonder if Lodril would end up the cult itself having any more mixed nature. Either some `sub-cults' (or whatever you want to call them) learning other types of magic, or some groups who reach Lodril through non-sacrificial worship, perhaps without as much difficulty as typical misplaced worship?