Re: Lodril and Monster Man (was Lodrili Settlers and Sacred Time Cer

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at__WA43BjR_wQuB-YUDM8HvLElXdGthLnw1aY8t_wlmX49PUM5Xu8LQFxbB2oM2BRcZ7D>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 22:07:09 +1300

At 03:06 p.m. 12/02/2009, you wrote:

>Have you discussed Lodril vs Turos? I haven't reviewed all the
>sources, but this has always seemed like regional variation (Dara
>Happa vs Pelanda).

Considering that Lodril agitates for the destruction of the Turos Temple in Darleep (Entekosiad p91), I have a hard time accepting this as regional variation.

Regional variation is when a god is worshipped in slightly different ways in different practices (Odayla among the Orlanthi and in Sylila, Yelm in Raibanth and Vanch, Ernalda among the Orlanthi and the Esrolians). When you have different gods with different myths, relationships and attitudes, "regional variation" isn't the phrase.

Divine Phenomena (phenomenon is used in the philosophical sense of the perception of the Noumenon or Absolute) would be a better phrase to use, covering cases of Tolat/Shargash, Elmal/Kargzant and Lodril/Solf.

--Peter Metcalfe