Re: How powerful are City gods, Tribal spirits, petty gods...

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_mGimz87jjoeX9-ACqFQ7qMHc2leNT4j2yXif0-_Hj3g9cFxx0RzCXbX5-_SjBpU6>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 09:42:27 -0800 (PST)

Adept:

> I'm still left wondering about the levels though. I don't want to just
> pull them out of my arse (if you'll pardon my french).

One of the things that I liked best about the HQ2 Continuum draft was that it told you exactly how to pull them out of your arse. I had the same problem as you: "How many mastery runes does Black Eater have? I know it's a lot, but . . . " HQ2 gives the narrator a mechanic that depends on what has already happened and how successful the players have been.

I realize you asked the question about HQ1, not HQ2. But I think it was pretty much a problem for all HQ1 narrators. And the only answer I ever came up with was to fix the resistance based on what I wanted the outcome to be. HQ2 is much more elegant about getting to kind of the same result.

Chris Lemens