Re: Lodril and Monster Man (was Lodrili Settlers and Sacred Time Ceremonies)

From: David Cake <dave_at_wOAniYgNUBU2776Qsfifs_egpJ3Lx7eJCT5HlrT4gH7pOztZOUmvL6sGTEm9-o3PNS9DYmp>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 18:28:59 +0900

At 10:56 AM -0800 10/2/09, Alison Place wrote:
>About the only extended discussion that I could find was dated a
>long post from David Cake, dated 1996, so it predates the Lodril
>cult write-up:
>http://talmeta.net/runequest/lists/wharton/v02.n207

        Well, I once knew the Entekosiad better than I do now. It is still my favourite single Gloranthan work, I think.

        FWIW, I don't think any of my opinions have changed hugely since then. I'd still say that the various 'Monster Man' gods are essentially the same divine power manifest, and likewise the various Lodril gods, but that extending that identity any further would be misleading.

	Regards
		David