Re: How powerful are City gods, Tribal spirits, petty gods...

From: continuum2008 <Continuum2008_at_ozSjrecF6KXWHPsdNBxMubKyeJE3jGeOC9OJvxiFeEqQdNM3NDlMJsJ3kRwDyf>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 18:41:27 -0000

A thing to remember is that a city is an organic thing that grows and changes over time. As the city grows and changes, its guardian will too.

Possibly in the early years the strength of the guardian could have been focused on its markets and shops and that helped improve the city's growth further. In later years the city needed city walls and defensive towers due to incursions by bandits and raids from neighbouring tribes. The guardian was then focused in defence and building works.
In recent years the city is embroiled in war. It turns out warriors and soldiers as well as military supplies and weapons. So the guardian is now mostly focused on war production and weapon manufacture.
Now the war has turned and the city is now the target of its enemies. The guardian is now again focused on defence but the war production aspect is also called upon.

Darran