Re: How powerful are City gods, Tribal spirits, petty gods...

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_m01d_kjVQmfENc2vlf8nUnD30eOQPa8qxbi_BhnhvWywPpeA37rjYmtJK2ZYIcS-RQ>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 18:54:50 -0000

By my understanding of such things, this needs a big '*' next to it. But my understanding could be wrong, so I'll write it out and hope for feedback on this.

The guardian is an otherworld being, given some sort of body or form to bind it to the middle world. But still it is constrained by the usual rules of otherworld beings, including that it does not really change on its own.

It is clear in the HQ rules that new powers of guardians may be discovered, especially as the number of people supporting them grows, and this may cover some of what you are saying. Also heroquests can be used to add powers to the community (i.e. a Guardian), so certainly that can happen.

But I don't think the core of the Guardians abilities change. In essence as it grows more of it may be disclosed, and it can be "equipped" via heroquests, but it never actually changes.