Re: How powerful are City gods, Tribal spirits, petty gods...

From: continuum2008 <Continuum2008_at_oUmqnwBaZ_l93KeJ7a4sPaq9LYH7gaMK3TQlraHW0k6MdoLIC1AiBy1bJ6Vbp3>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 22:24:11 -0000

bryan_thx wrote:
> Darran wrote:
> > A thing to remember is that a city is an organic thing that grows
> and changes over time.
> > As the city grows and changes, its guardian will too.
>
> But I don't think the core of the Guardians abilities change. In
> essence as it grows more of it may be disclosed, and it can be
> "equipped" via heroquests, but it never actually changes.

I think that we will have to agree to disagree here.

An unchanging guardian sounds very boring to me. After centuries of existence I would say that the guardian would change as the city changes.

I view the guardian more like an 'esprit de corps' of its citizens and the city's ruling council.

I think it will grow and change to reflect the city. The guardian could be a snapshot of the current state of the city.

Darran