Re: How powerful are City gods, Tribal spirits, petty gods...

From: L C <lightcastle_at_BI75FPrtDIZB_ATFD4aFOFcfrGyEaCSFwJIcVhpen4L7ceTgR4jwN9Y4CplU8ofr>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:12:36 -0500

I'd agree with bryan here. (Also on the idea of the guardians being unique and therefore more interesting.)
I don't think the core of the guardian changes. I think you can get a new guardian (probably risky) and you might discover new aspects as the city grows and changes, even Hero Quest for some specific ability, but I don't think you can change over much. Thus, if a guardian was one of commerce and such, perhaps you could expand it's defensive powers to include "protect marketplace" in such a way that guards get benefit when defending the city, but it isn't going to develop "fry enemies' brains" under most circumstances. (IMHO, anyway.)

LC