RE: Re: Another entry for the Chaos feature competition

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_8r9MAsnwyxRUWZslw0BujixQCcl8Nnx8xob7zHC1EldIMbF5iW5dRgw4mX0e8Pz>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 00:52:06 -0000

Heard of the Cult of the B'Stard GM? :P

-----Original Message-----
From: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com [mailto:WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Grimmund Sent: 25 February 2009 21:02
To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Another entry for the Chaos feature competition

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_XQoqW6vsaITtls7qOKUG5q06XGL3ptdTMlEOG3K6QaBOlDPhON6t0ucm75MVFiBP-KGV_oJ3R8QwPNTITS-n7xNZOF-tRCE.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> So you are saying that the chaos feature is an ability with a target
number

I think it was someone else making that claim.

> and that each protagonist's player rolls against that ability.

That would be my corollary. If you you accept that idea that this chaos feature can be resisted, then each observer resists individually, and the results will probably vary among the observers.

>Their differing contest outcomes enable
>them to narrate differing effects.

Yes. Some observers see two identical chaotics fighting; some see the chaotic and the opponent.

I suspect it gets difficult when a group charges the chaotic. All of a sudden, you're in a target-rich environment, and your comrades have disappeared.

Which is the chaotic, and which are your companions?