Re: Fronela

From: donald_at_HY0A1tv4Cb1h2D-eNkkvgd1HsghCrS7spBGIPrTrHU3Qt1RAc7URJP3wIk3KeoSQWUTmN
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 02:26:36 GMT

In message <49AD910F.8050802_at_-rTqBbdrKXqfWNkQoRHc0mZb0k2itwihUxoWIDlt3M97fT74m_wU8S3KtsrfRB2fSZ6XCPwUgfgFnbLHutVpKxjQaao.yahoo.invalid> L C writes:

>*nod* This is the impression I am taking away here. That's actually
>MORE interesting in some ways. In a way, post God Learners, we have
>a situation of serious disarray, with only very general trends keeping
>things together. Given that there is as much a question of renouncing
>the GL situation as there is just a fracturing of the empire, I suspect
>there wasn't even broad agreement, or broad swaths that considered
>themselves single churches. I know people have discussed Ecumenical
>councils and such in the past, I'm not even sure who would be big enough
>to sit on them.

According to the Conference Guide for the Seventh Ecclesiastical Council in 1625 it's an assortment of Bishops, Archbishops, Cardinals Patriarchs and Prelates from across the west. There's even a holy monk. Seems to be mostly the Rokari and Hrestoli churches but it is supposed to be all major sects. Could include anyone you want because there's no definition of 'major sect' and the names and positions given aren't a full delegate list.

Bear in mind that the Sixth Council was in 1427 and decided little or nothing while the Fifth was in 821 in the God Learner Empire. They appear to be more of a committee attempting to reconcile doctrine than a governing body.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/